How do I permanently change the look and feel of the Windows services dialog?
By default, the Windows Services dialog/snap-in is small and most of the service names are hidden because the column is too small.
To fix this once and for all, simply do the following:
1. Using My Computer or Windows Explorer browse to the System32 directory (C:\WINNT\System32 or C:\Windows\System32)
2. Locate the services.msc file.
3. Right-click services.msc and select Author. The services dialog opens.
4. Re-size the dialog and the columns widths to your heart's content.
5. Click the Save icon when done.
Next time you open the Services snap-in (Start > Run > services.msc), the size settings you saved will be restored. You cannot save the scroll bar position. This article applies to all Microsoft Saved Console (.msc) files.